Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Projects – Totoro Mittens and Moogle Doll

Christmas is fast approaching and I still have a lot of presents to make.  Nevertheless, I’ve completed a couple projects/presents over the last week and a half.  The first is a moogle doll which I gave to Sam and will give to a few others once I make the rest.  (No, I’m not going to spoil whom they are.)  The moogle was surprisingly difficult yet easy to make as odd as that sounds.  The pattern itself was simple, yet my lack of crocheting over the past couple years caught up to me as I had a difficult time readjusting again to crocheting.  Other than that, it was a very fun pattern to make.  (You can find more info on this pattern at Ravelry.com, search “moogle doll”.)

moogle 002

(Thank you Sam for the photo!)

The other project was a set of Totoro mittens for Katy.  The colors were her design as she knew about the gift ahead of time.  Overall, the mittens were very easy to knit even with the color changes.  I really love the pattern and want to make myself a pair soon since they are so cute!  (You can find more about this pattern on Ravelry.com, search “Totoro Mittens”.) 

Totoro Mittens 3 Totoro Mittens 1

(I only have pictures of the single glove, but will post more pictures as soon as I get more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment