Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Past and Current Knitting Projects

Over the course of the past few months I’ve been able to get quite a bit of knitting projects completed.  I fully completed two sweaters for myself as well as almost two pairs of legwarmers and almost two scarves.  In addition, I completed most of my mother’s sweater, almost a pair of legwarmers for my sister, and a few other miscellaneous Christmas presents.  I’ve been a rather productive knitter despite my lack of blogging.

I apologize in advance for the choppiness of this post.  I don’t really know where to start because of the long time gap and large amount of progress to update.  This post is going to be more of a very summed up list of the progress I’ve made in the last four months.

The first sweater I finished was a spring cardigan based off of the Gooseberry Cardigan by Hannah Fettig from Interweave Knits, Weekend 2009.  I’m rather happy with how the sweater turned out overall even though I wish the button band wasn’t quite as wide, an addition I made to the pattern. Nevertheless, it’s great sweater to keep out the chill in cute spring colors.  I might make a second sweater in fall colors with a couple cute additions if and when I find the right yarn and amount of time to do so. 

 

The second sweater I finished was a pink and black wide banded sweater with matching pink legwarmers.  The sweater’s base pattern was the Deep Textured Tunic by Melissa Wehrle while the legwarmers were a quick pattern I drafted.  I’m really happy with how these project turned out even though they needed a few fitting adjustments before completion. 

Miwako Sweater 3

The elegant grey scarf was a quick project made from Emily Kausalik’s “A Noble Cowl” pattern on Ravelry.  I changed the pattern from a cowl to a scarf, but left the lace pattern intact.  Overall, it was an easy project though the lace gave me trouble a couple times.  I love the way it turned out though I wish I had used a larger needle size (a size 5 instead of 4) to get a fuller effect.  If I ever make this pattern again, I definitely shall. 

I also started a couple other projects that I have yet to finish due to the Christmas time crunch.  First was a pair of grey legwarmers from Katya Gorbacheva’s grey legwarmers pattern on Ravelry.  Originally, I put this project on hold due to lack of yarn, but I found another matching skein and will finish those after Christmas.  Second was a purple cable scarf from Matilda – A Winter Cable Scarf by Arianna Halshaw on Ravelry.  I love the pattern and can’t wait to wear the finished product. 

EGL1

On the Christmas present side of things, I’ve been able to get a lot done as well.  My mom’s sweater is almost complete.  It took almost a year and a half of work and a lot of frustration and frogging, but it’s finally over.  Buttons just need to added and threads weaved in before being wrapped and put under the Christmas tree.  I used the Braided Riding Jacket by Coralie Meslin from the Inverweave Knits issue Winter 2009 as the base pattern, but changed the sleeve stitch due to a lack of patience with the original one.  The jacket sat in my I’ll-knit-it-later-if-I-ever-get-around-to-it pile for months due to my immense dislike of the original sleeve stitch.  Nevertheless, I’m very happy with how the jacket turned out and can’t wait to see it finished.

Finally, I’m nearly finished with my sister’s legwarmers.  I used the Abyss Legwarmers pattern by Kelly McClure for the base.  I am very happy with this pattern and projects and might make myself a pair as well.  The picture I have is old, but will do for now.

I have made some progress on a few more Christmas presents but will detail them in another post.  Thank you so much for reading.  Your support means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment