Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wee Bit o’ Progress

I haven’t been doing much in the knitting world since my wrists have been hurting since the last week of December.  I really overdid myself knitting for 8+ hours a day for almost two weeks in preparation for Christmas.  Thankfully, I was able to get all the presents for my family completed, except for the buttons on one, and a couple presents for my friends.  I still have a couple presents to make which will hopefully be ready by late February.  I should start making presents sooner.  -_-

A couple friends of mine asked me to make a few knitted items over the course of the last month, a child’s sweater and one to two pairs of gloves.  I started the sweater a couple days ago now and have made good progress.  The yoke is done and the body is started.  It will be the cutest little girl’s sweater.  I love it so far.  It will be a top-down raglan sweater with wide pink and purple stripes.  Since the purple is multicolored it will have many mini light and dark purple stripes within the larger purple stripe.  It’s a bit hard to explain, but it looks adorable.  I plan to finish it by the first week in February so she will have some time to wear it before it gets too warm.

I took a few pictures of the presents as well as the sweater.  Enjoy!  I’ll post an update soon as I make more progress.

Child Sweater Progress

Sister's Legwarmers

No comments:

Post a Comment